Save the Reefs!
Lionfish Florentine is a light, healthy, and tasty way to prepare your lionfish! It’s also quick and simple to make. Serve it with your favorite fixings or try a side of brown rice or quinoa for an extra protein punch! Every time you eat lionfish you are saving tens of thousands of reef fish. The more people ask the more it will help restaurants get it on their menu. Saving the reefs has never been so delicious! Thank you for your efforts!
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 6 teaspoons (garlic or lemon) lionfish oil, divided
- Approximately one pound lionfish filets – rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons herb blend
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: Lemon wedges and additional grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Cook spinach in 4 teaspoons of oil in a large non-stick or cast iron skillet until wilted; drain.
- Place filets in a greased 13” x 9” baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Sprinkle with seasoning blend.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and ricotta cheese until well mixed, then stir in the spinach. Spoon this over the filets, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.